For Career Changers
Ways to get started towards your new direction in a professional health career:
- Take this online workshop designed for career changers to get you started in the right direction. Get an opportunity to meet with a career counselor upon completion of the workshop (additional fee applies).
- Explore health career options featuring the health professional educational programs offered at the University of Minnesota. Find links to the prerequisites, admission requirements, and application procedures, as well as resources for that field.
- Attend information sessions and workshops. Bring your questions and learn more about program prerequisites and the application process for the program that interests you. Workshops provide specific information and assistance on selected components of the application process, such as interviewing or writing a personal statement for a health professional school. Registration details can be found at the above link.
- Use this Pre-Health Careers Checklist designed to help you get started on the correct path..
- Get 1:1 assistance through University Counseling and Consulting Services. This office offers career counseling for alumni and non-students.
- Register for prerequisites and get advising through the College of Continuing Education. Complete your coursework for applying to the health professional program of your choice.
- Have a question about a program? Visit us or ask us online!
Note: The Health Careers Center does not offer transcript analysis or individual advising.
Application and Preparation Help
Get help with planning for a health program or with application elements using these online, interactive workshops. Each workshops comes with an optional in-person meeting:
- Planning for Medical School
- Personal Statements for a Health Program
- Interviewing for a Health Program
- Global Ambassadors for Patient Safety
- Pathways to Public Health
- Career Changers